Well Water Filter Pipe – Removing Sand And Sediment From Well WaterJanuary 21, 2018
What‘s the difference between wire wrapped screen and Slotted Casing Pipe?January 31, 2018
Types of wedge wire screen pipe
Wedge wire screen tube has various different types, according to the different standard, here are the detailed introduction of the wedge wire screen tube, just refer to them and know more about the round slot tube and get a reference for choice.
According to the position and direction of surface profiles and support profiles, the wedge wire screen tube can be divided into four types.
- Radial internal type. The filtering principle is flowing in to out. And the support profile is radial.
- Radial external type. The filtering principle is flowing out to in. It is the standard type. The support profile is also radial.
- Axial internal type. The filtering principle is flowing in to out. And the support profile is axial.
- Axial internal type. The filtering principle is flowing out to in. And the support profile is axial.
According to the surface of wedge wire screen tube
There are two types of wedge wire screen tube seen from the surface. One is the normal types, which has continuous and regular angles on the edge. It is economical, which is suitable for the applications where the accuracy is not very strict. The other type is perfect round type. It is produced by the strict standard, which has better filtering accuracy than the common type. Additional, the perfect round type can be used in the most precise machines and complete the arduous filtering task.
1. Normal type 2.Perfect round type
Wire types of wedge wire screen tube
As we all know, the wedge wire screen tube is composed of surface profiles and support profiles. The wire type of surface profile is commonly triangular wire, which is also called V-shaped wire.
The support wire can be triangular wire, round wire and trapezoid wire.
Specifications of wedge wire screen tube
|Material||stainless steel 304, 304L, 316, 316L, 321, etc.|
|Tube diameter||25 mm – 1500 mm|
|Tube length||0.3 m, 0.6 m, 1 m, 2 m, 3 m, 6 m and 12 m. Special sizes can be customized|
|Slot size||0.05 mm – 2.5 mm|
|Surface profile type||triangle wire|
|Support profile||triangle wire, round wire, flat bar or wedge wire|
Wedge Wire Oil Well Screen Type:
Welded wedge wire oil well screens are designed for the typical oil well depths and consist of a perforated LCS base pipe and an outer wedge wire “jacket” in galvanized or stainless steel.
Features & Benefits:
Diameters from 2 7/8″ to 13 3/8″.
Slot openings from 0.05 mm (0.002″) up.
Lengths up to API Range III.
Features of wedge wire screen tube
- Accurate filtering performance.
- High efficiency.
- Narrow slot openings.
- Normal or high grade type for choice.
- Various edge types.
- Wide range of diameters for choice.
- Special sizes can be customized.
- Economical but high grade.
- Corrosion resistance.
- Rust resistance.
- Long service life and durable.
Inspection and Test of Wedge Wire Wrapped Water Well Screens (Johnson type Screens):
1:All Dimensions of water well sand filter will be checked by our quality inspector, and they also can be inspected by Third Party Inspections or representative appointed by buyer.
2:Wall thickness of coupling material is inspected by Ultrasonic inspection method, and they also be made the Ultrasonic flaw detection
Applications of wedge wire screen tube
- Petroleum industry. Oil filtration.
- Water treatment industry. Desalination of seawater, treatment of industrial water and domestic water. Water softening treatment.
- Chemical industry. End products of chemical organic solution filtration, such as acid, alkali liquid filtration, alcohol and other products filtering.
- Hydro-geological exploration.
- Drilling construction.
- Geothermal development.